imcp... <$BlogRSDURL$>

 
games galore some stuff you should know people I bothered to know mail me!
Saturday, December 25, 2004
       

Toy Story

It’s that time of the year. the day when the birth of Christ is commemorated. a time when shitty tv specials and boring parades dominate most of the channels. a time when you’re forced to insincerely give crappy gifts to your friends and family members alike just because they also sent sth crappy and useless to you. a time when gullible children are force-fed with all of those stupid bullshit lies abt a fat man in red who doesn’t have anything better to do but climb down chimneys and give toys to kids all over the world in one single night. that one time when you wouldn’t actually mind kissing your fugly-looking next-door neighbor under the mistletoe because you were so drunk from drinking eggnog. that’s Christmas for ya.


no, I don’t actually celebrate it, but that doesn’t mean I can’t join the bandwagon and have my own share of the fun during the festival. like Valentine’s or Easter, I really couldn’t care less abt the celebration itself as I’m more concerned abt hunting delectable chocolates that are abundant during these festivities, except in the case of Christmas, I go out and pamper myself with toys and some really neat (but expensive) stuff that I’ve been dying to have throughout the whole year. I’m a bit disappointed that this year I don’t have enough money to get myself the newly-released Nintendo DS (I had to spend my money on…..’something else’…), but I guess that could wait. at least I got these shiny new cars a few days back at Target, so I’m content that’ll do for now:


initial d cars

the Initial D die cast metal collection, recently released by Jada Toys (scale 1:64). from left to right: Mazda RX-7 FC3S, Mazda RX-7 FD3S, Nissan Skyline GTR R32 & Nissan Sil-Eighty. the only ones I don’t have at the moment are the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III and the anime’s trademark car, the Toyota Trueno AE86.

visit the jada toys site:




as a child, I used to be spoiled by my parents (especially by my mom) and almost everything that I demanded had to be complied. I’d get nearly every single toy that I wished for, but as years went by, it became my old man’s policy that I had to “rightfully earn” whatever I wanted and that meant scoring in exams and performing well in my studies (other than waiting for my birthdays of course). later, when I left for high school, I had no choice but to save my monthly allowance to expand my ever-growing collection of action figures, model kits, collectibles and memorabilia. today, at the age of 21, I still buy all of these things as a hobby (no, I don’t play with them you idiots. I just put them up for display). heck, come to think of it, I bet not even my youngest sister’s entire Barbie collection and her Cabbage Patch Kids dolls combined could ever tantamount to the insanely large number of stuff I have in my treasure trove of toys.

anyway, here are some of the other model kits/figurines/statuettes I’ve collected that have been put on display in my room (which I aptly dubbed ‘The Frozen Throne’ since the room is always farking cold due to the bizarre air conditioning).


gundams

Bandai's gundam model kits. scale 1/144.



I grew up emulating a lot of things from my big bro, and one of them happens to be model kit building. however, while my bro preferred cars, spaceships and aircrafts, my interest was more influenced by the many animes I watch, hence the reason why I collected gundam model kits instead. I started buying ‘em since high school, and although I have many back home, my eldest sis once showed them to my little cousins to keep them occupied while they came to visit, and needless to say, it didn’t take long before almost every one of my gundams were missing their parts (who the hell actually plays w/ model kits anyway? those little bastards will pay for this one day). the 3 above are from one of my fave gundam shows: After War Gundam X.



Garrod Ran’s Gundam Double X strutting off it’s awesome Twin Satellite Cannon.



the Frost Brothers’ machines of mayhem. left: Shagia Frost’s Gundam Virsago w/ its Mega Sonic Barrel deployed and Strike Claws ready in action. right: Olba Frost’s Gundam Ashtaron sharpening its 2 large pincer-like Atomic Scissors, ideal for cutting up little children to ribbons for messing up w/ my gundam collection.

I bought the gundams here




here in front of my desk we have my favorite harem of bosomy beauties in all of their glory.




love hina story image pvc figure, series 1: from left to right: Mitsune Konno, Shinobu Maehara & Naru Narusegawa. top left: Kazami Mizuho from the anime Onegai Teacher.




Kazami Mizuho, Onegai Teacher resin statue (Chieri version, scale 1/7)
now if only I could have a girlfriend as busty as her…


I noticed that several girls who’s been to my room and seen the Kazami Mizuho statuette gave me the impression that they felt ‘offended’ by it. some of them actually told me that “she looks fake because her boobs are way oversized”. wow. talk abt major insecurity. I still find it hard to believe that there are girls out there who would feel ‘threatened’ by a resin statue that was based on a fictional character w/ large mammary glands. and some of you call ME sad…*sighs*

get your resin kits at







the IMCP’s Frozen Throne


spawn

spawn (issue#7 cover art)


I was first introduced to Todd McFarlane’s Spawn by my high school buddy pa’a (the one who designed my piggie shirt). I already knew abt McFarlane from another best bud of mine (he was into Spider-man, and Todd’s depiction of Venom was way cool. in a way, you could say that Spawn himself looks eerily similar to Venom) but his portrayal of a gruesome and merciless anti-hero spawned from the very bowels of hell is just too awesome to ignore.

check out McFarlane’s other cool toys at:







from left: the wily Dreadlord, Tichondrius the Darkener; the wise and noble Orc Warchief, Thrall; the mighty Orc Warsong Clan Chieftain, Grom Hellscream; the treacherous and power-hungry Arthas, the Death Knight; and the sultry but deadly Night Elf Ranger, Shandris Feathermoon.



buy your Warcraft figures at Blizzard’s online store:



I dunno abt you ppl, but I’ve always loved the Warcraft series. seriously, Blizzard’s epic fantasy world has a storyline so rich and engrossing, I personally think it could even top Tolkien’s LOTR if it was made into a movie. I recently got myself World of Warcraft, a MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) which is any Warcraft fan’s dream come true (see? dreams do come true you know). while I was flipping thru the booklet, I saw a catalog included in the box which showcased these:


world of warcraft figures

from left to right: Undead Warlock, Jungle Troll Voodoo Priest, Tauren Shaman.

produced by SOTA Toys, these nifty babies were slated for a late 2004 release (and they’re still not around for Christmas). oh well, I guess I still have some space in my bookcase:


my library


in the future, I plan to get my hands ahold of the Transformers’ G1 Constructicon set (the original gestalt group that started it all) and the feared Dinobots (gotta love Grimlock and his gang). I checked ‘em at eBay but most of them are quite expensive (esp the mint or in-boxed condition Dinobots. they could fetch around hundreds). maybe I’ll just get them by next Christmas or sth.

I’m done for now. Merry Christmas to all, and to all, shut the hell up.




     














Powered by Blogger



idiot counter

  current number of entries: 47